Making voting easier for everyone
Read your sample ballot thoroughly, make your decisions and bring your sample ballot with you to the polls to assist you while you are voting. To help prevent long delays at the polls, do not wait until you are in the voting booth to make your choices.
If you did not receive a sample ballot or you have misplaced yours, please call the Election Office at (775) 783-6095, come by the office at 1616 8th St., Minden and pick one up, or pull up an electronic copy from the election home page. You may also email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sample ballots will be mailed out to all active registered voters in Douglas County approximately three weeks prior to election day.
All vote centers will be listed on your sample ballot.
- Election day polling locations are open from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Avoid lines, vote during the early voting periods or vote by mail.
- Mail-in ballots begin being delivered 40 days before the election.
- If you choose to vote on election day, mid-morning or mid-afternoon is when polling locations are usually less crowded.
- If you need assistance to vote, notify the election worker when you sign in.