- No blood test.
- No waiting period.
- Marriage License Fee is $60.00. Fee does not include a certified copy of the marriage certificate which is available for an additional $15.00. Fee is payable by cash, cashiers check, money order, Visa or Mastercard. Applications are good for one year.
- Both parties must present themselves at one of the Douglas County Clerk’s Offices. Appointments are not necessary during regular hours; see below for weekends, holidays or special arrangements.
- Hours: click here.
- Adults 18 and older; parental consent not needed but proof of age is required.
- 16-17 years old; either parent must be present or a notarized affidavit giving permission is necessary (see additional information below).
- If you lose the license prior to the ceremony, you will be charged $60.00 to reissue another license.
- Witness other than minister required at marriage ceremony.
- Previously divorced, divorce must be final where granted. Date, city and state where divorce occurred required, but it’s not necessary to furnish divorce papers.
- Out-of-country, the same rules apply to you, nothing additional is required to marry. You do not need a marriage license from your country. Driver’s license, passport, acceptable for identification.
Click here for Marriage License application
Frequently Asked Questions
Who may apply for a Marriage License?
If either party is a minor, is the consent of both parents required?
I was previously married, what do I need in order to have a Marriage License issued?
Is there a waiting period for the issuance of a Marriage License?
Are any medical exams required in order to apply for a Marriage License?
Can I have a marriage ceremony without a Marriage License?
Where can I apply for a Marriage License in Douglas County?
What is the Fee for a Marriage License?
Once I have a Marriage License issued, how long is it valid for?
Who may perform my marriage ceremony?
After my marriage ceremony, when and who should return the Marriage License to the Recorder's Office?
I do not have a marriage ceremony planned, can I be married at the Clerk's Office?
How can I get a certified copy of my Marriage License(Certificate)?
Click here for the Recorder’s Office and information on their 24 hour a day request line.
If you need any further information please visit us or call (775) 782-9014.