When is the General Election?
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
THE NOVEMBER 3, 2020 GENERAL ELECTION WILL BE CONDUCTED AS A HYBRID ELECTION.
How do I get a mail-in (absentee) ballot?
Every active voter who registers on or before October 15, 2020 will be mailed a ballot for the November 3, 2020, General Election.
If you would like to sign up for Permanent Mail-in Voting, please complete the Mail-In Ballot Request form and return it to our office at your earliest convenience.
How do I sign up to be an election worker?
The 2020 recruitment ended September 7, 2020. The next recruitment will be in the Spring of 2022.
When and where can I early vote?
The General Election is being conducted as a hybrid election. The Clerk’s office will operate two separate early voting locations.
- Visit the Historic Courthouse to request a mail ballot or pick up a replacement ballot.
- 1616 8th, Minden, NV 89423
- Visit the Douglas County Community Center to vote in-person on a voting machine.
- 1329 Waterloo Ln., Gardnerville, NV 89410
Both locations will be open the following dates and hours:
Saturday, October 17, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mon – Fri, October 19– October 23, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, October 24, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mon – Fri, October 26 – October 30, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Where can I vote on Election Day?
The following locations will operate as in-person vote centers from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- Douglas County Community Center|1329 Waterloo Ln., Gardnerville, NV 89410
- Washoe Tribe Community Center|828 Me Hu St., Gardnerville, NV 89460
- Kahle Community Center|236 Kingsbury Grade Rd., Stateline, NV 89449
- Topaz Ranch Estates Community Center|3939 Carter Dr., Wellington, NV 89444
Will my party affiliation be on my mail ballot envelope?
No, party affiliation will not be present on mail ballot envelopes during the General Election.